Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Procrastination...

HEY GUYS!

Tomorrow is the day I leave for Tanzania, Africa.  I can't believe it.  I have been thinking about this trip my whole senior year. I will be gone from June 12th to July 7th.  If you can't do simple estimations, this period of time amounts to a month...which means I basically need my whole closet and bathroom to come along with me.

Condensing all of my useless stuff into a suitcase, a carry-on, and a backpack is nearly impossible.  My mom is about to kill me since I would rather sleep then actually be focused and get stuff done.  I'm afraid I might have inherited some of my dad's ADD.  Anyways, I keep getting these paragraph long texts from my mom informing me of new things I must complete, "or else".

Luckily, I am pretty much all packed.  The only thing really left to do is pack my backpack and say goodbye to everyone.  Even though it may be lame to say, I am going to miss everyone so much.  As much as I love to travel, I am a homebody.  I LOVE my little niche.  I went to senior week (just for a day) to say goodbye to a lot of my friends since I won't be seeing them until July.  Saying bye to mom will be really hard too.  She's my main gal.

Although, I know that what I will experience while over there will be life changing.

"The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see"
-Gilbert K. Chesterton



Let's do this.



1 comment:

  1. Safe Travels. Keep us "posted" please. I can't wait to hear all about it. Please tell our brothers and sisters in Tanzania that we all say Jambo.

    ReplyDelete