Saturday, June 22, 2013

Day 3


Sunday worship. 

We went to Kuseyeny for church, otherwise known now as Nkweshoo Lutheran Parish. In order to get there, we had to climb a huge mountain, since the church is located on the side. Guess what famous mountain?!

...We literally drove up some of Kilimanjaro to get to this church.  

When we finally arrived, the children there sang us a "welcome" song. I had my go pro camera mounted to my chest to capture all of their smiling faces as I walked by and gave them all handshakes and hugs. All of the children at first seem timid but then after a few seconds, they all start beaming when you say Jambo to them (hello).  

Once we made our way through the sea of children and the congregation, we were invited to tea and soup. I don't know about you, but I do not crave chicken soup at 9 in the morning. 

Worship was absolutely amazing. The choir was right next to me and I couldn't stop staring at them in awe. 

Later that night, we went to dinner at Kilimakyaro Lodge and all drank a bit to much..Rae and I ended up starting a dance party with Oscar (our driver). Everyone joined in, including the waiters and waitresses. For white people to invite their servers to dance is normally unheard of in Africa. Good thing we're not a normal bunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment